24th – 26th September 2012 Hobart
Closing date: Friday August 10th 2012.
Call for papers and opening of registration
On the behalf of the 2012 APSA Conference Organising Committee I am pleased to announce that the call for papers for this year’s Conference is officially open. This year’s conference, to be held at the Hobart Function and Conference Centre on Hobart’s picturesque waterfront between September 24th and 26th, promises to be a memorable event. It will combine academic discussion and debate with an opportunity to explore Hobart’s many attractions including the acclaimed Museum of Old and New Art (Mona).
APSA 2012 will be organised around 6 broad academic streams which are listed below. The conference committee also welcomes proposals for special panels of 3-5 papers on a particular theme or issue.
- International Relations and International Political Economy. (Convenors Dr Matthew Sussex (IR) and A/Prof Richard Eccleston (IPE)) ([email protected],
- Governance and Public Policy (Convenor Dr Hannah Murphy) ()
- Australian Politics (Convenor A/Prof Marcus Haward)( )
- Comparative Politics (Convenor Dr Terry Narramore)( )
- Environmental Politics (Convenor A/Prof Bruce Tranter)( )
- Gender Politics and Political Theory (Convenor Dr Megan Alessandrini) ()
- Special Thematic Panels (Convenor A/Prof Richard Eccleston) ()
Enquiries about the suitability of a proposed paper for a particular stream should be directed to the relevant convenor. Presenters may elect to submit a full written paper for blind peer review.
Refereed papers must be submitted to the conference web site by Friday August 10th 2012.
Registration and Key Dates:
Conference participants must register using the official APSA 2012 website. The site is now open for registration and we urge you to register and submit paper proposals (title and a 150-250 word abstract) as soon as possible. Early bird registrations must be lodged by May 25th with final registrations closing on August 10th. Full papers must also be submitted by the August 10th deadline.
Further information: APSA 2012 conference website
Australian Political Studies Association Conference PDF